The dampness is hard to bear during the rainy summer season, and it can make you have a feeling a sticky feel. It can cause several problems regarding comfort, breathing, and more. It is redundant to bear the discomfort when you can have a quality dehumidifier to pull away extra dampness in the air and making it dry.
You can have a comfortable room or hall to breathe in. The primary advantage is quite obvious, but you can find that it also helps to increase the temperature by a little so that you have a cozy room to stay. Choosing the right type of dehumidifier can enhance the comfort level, and it can provide several other advantages with the overall usability.
The range of manufacturers is offering corded and battery powered dehumidifier machines. Choosing the right one might be tedious, but looking at essential aspects can help to grab a product that is pro in all the aspects. With that said, we are making a list of popular types and how they work.
To provide better insight, we are also adding their advantages and disadvantages so that you can easily figure out the best product of choice.
Types of Dehumidifier
If you feel that it is a misty task to understand the working, then going through the types can remove the tediousness. Here are the two popular types that you can find in the market –
- Desiccant – It is an abruption type dehumidifier which is effective and provides the noise-free use because it is really quite enough that you won’t even notice any sound. However, these are less preferred for home use.
- Compressor – A refrigerant-based dehumidifier that works on a compressor is effective with less energy consumption comparatively, which makes it reliable. However, it is not the best one when it comes to the sound level.
Among these two types, you can easily decide which one will suit the need adequately and provide the best usability.
“While using a dehumidifier in your living room area, use a heating system to boost the effectiveness and reduce mold issue on floor, furniture, or walls.”
How Do Dehumidifiers work?
As this post is about dehumidifiers, which are commonly used in homes, so, we are talking about compressor-based dehumidifiers working here. There is a five-step working that is as follow –
- One fan at the side or top of the dehumidifier sucks air into the dehumidifier. This fan works on an ideal rotation speed to provide effective usability.
- When damp air gets into the dehumidifier, it comes in contact with cooling coils, which reduce the temperature and convert moist air into water particles.
- The water goes to a small container at the bottom, and you can remove it, or there is a small hose to collect water drops in one place.
- Right next to the cooling coil, there is a re-heating coil which increases the temperature of comparatively less damp air.
- A fan at the top or side will pull the dried air and through it inside the room. You can find that the room’s temperature starts going a little bit higher, but the air is dry comparatively.
In this whole process, you can feel that nothing complicated process is going. Anyone can understand the working.
Advantages and Disadvantages
During the purchase of a dehumidifier, you may have this question that air-conditioners and HVAC can do the same job. But, they are consuming lots of power, and they are taking time also. If you buy a battery-powered dehumidifier, then you can expect these advantages –
- Dry out ambient air and remove dampness under a couple of minutes to make you feel comfortable sitting or working in the same room.
- People issue breathing damp air will feel better because the air is dry, and it is easy to breathe for anyone.
- During the rainy reason, it might be cold out there, and the dehumidifier remarkably increases the room temperature and make you feel comfortable.
- The use of a dehumidifier is easy, and it consumes considerably less energy from HVAC or other options.
Considering all the benefits, you can feel why you need a Battery-powered dehumidifier and why you should choose the top-notch options. However, there are slight disadvantages which can make you understand what you should be keeping in mind.
- In the summer days, the use of dehumidifiers might get uncomfortable by a little as it increases the temperature. Your air-conditioner will have to put a little effort into reducing the temperature.
- Dehumidifiers can’t sense the source of the problem; they just work. If you can’t create isolation in the room while using a dehumidifier, then you can’t expect all these advantages.
These are some of the essential factors that you must be taking into consideration to avoid facing any problem later.
A Layman’s Buyer Guide
Considering the below-mentioned aspects will help you understand what to consider during the purchase.
- Battery-powered are portable, whereas corded one is less portable. Decide in advance which type of use you want. If you choose battery powered, then you must ensure the battery capacity and backup.
- Ensure the type based on where you will be using the dehumidifier and how much time you will be spending using the same.
- Choose a reputed brand to grab a quality deal and avoid wasting money on the less-durable product. This method will save you money and help to avoid any kind of issue in the future for sure.
- Check what kind of warranty is offered by the manufacturer. On the other hand, you can check out the warranty period to ensure a quality deal and not facing issues with durability.
After considering all the factors, you can compare the prices to narrow down this list, and everything will be easy after that.
Redundant to mention, Battery-powered dehumidifiers are the primary choice these days, and if you want the best product, then look after the important aspects. We hope that this guidepost will come in handy and make you get the right product with ease.